Tuesday, February 12, 2013

jr. high


I spent the last week in a Junior High observing some classes. There was this one kid who we will call J.  He was a seventh grader,bless his little heart. I took it upon myself to help him realize that he can pass his classes. Today was my last day, and I was helping him with his test corrections. He found out it was my last day, and he got all sad. He was like “YOU CAN’T LEAVE!” I told him I was sorry, but I had to. J then pulls out a piece of paper and hands it to me. He said, “Well can I at least get your number? I will miss you so much.” I started to laugh a little and told him I couldn’t give him my number. He begged, “but PLEASEEEEEEEEE! I will only text you!PLEASEEEEEEEEEE” I told him I would get in big trouble. I don’t know whether to be flattered or frightened... 

Here are some more lessons learned from spending a week observing junior high classes.

  1. if you can survive jr. high you can survive anything. 
  2. eyeliner- less is more.
  3. though you may think you’re hiding your phone, you’re not. ever.
  4. braces- just hang in there. They’ll be gone soon.
  5. boys... I understand you’re expressing yourself with your long hair, but really, it doesn’t do much for you.
  6. be nice. we’re all just trying to fit in.
  7. oh to be young and in love again. hahahaha. junior high flirting is the best. 
  8. don’t chew gum if you can’t do it with your mouth closed.
  9. don’t be afraid to ask a question. chances are you aren’t the only one with it. 
  10. be nice. seriously though. (yeah I know that’s here twice.)
  11. You’re going to make it through. it’s going to be okay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment