
Getting your wisdom teeth out is a common experience, shared by 95% of people. I am lucky enough to be one of the 95% to need to get my teeth out. I probably should have had my teeth out a year ago, but because of circumstances I didn’t. I had an appointment scheduled for Thanksgiving break. I was fortunate enough to come down with bronchitis, putting the wisdom teeth on hold. I got a new appointment for Friday January 21, at 9:30 a.m. It was supposed to be simple. Go in, get put out, and wake up wondering when it would be over, go home, recover, and be on my way.
If only I could have been so lucky. I woke up friday morning, and I took the valium that I was supposed to take. It didn’t really do much I felt completely normal. I went back to the room, they put in the iv, and I was supposed to fall asleep... well I didn’t. They started cutting in my mouth, and I WAS FREAKING out. I was trying to tell them I wasn’t out yet, but I couldn’t. The surgery went on, I was half out (and that’s being generous.) I heard pretty much everything, I heard them break two of my teeth to get them out. The rolled me into recovery, where I was alert and awake. I layed there and cried. I was so angry that I felt it all. I didn’t want to cry in front of the nurse though, so I pretended to sleep. I can remember the music they were playing was older, and I knew the words to it. I looked at the nurse and told her I wanted to go home. I got in the car, and I was in a rage. I told my mom what happened. She went in to the surgeon and told him what I said, he said I was maybe awake for ten seconds. LIES. I was completely awake after. I was texting in complete sentences, and knowing exactly what I was saying. I remember the car ride home, I remember it all. It was a complete nightmare. If I had been out, like most people are, I know that I wouldn’t have been so aware after, I wouldn’t have remembered before the surgery and after. I feel so shafted. I have no funny stories from being out of it or anything. Anyways.

Moving on...
Despite the nightmare of the actual surgery, recovery has been alright. Lots of pain, not to much swelling, but it hurts pretty bad. I have been well taken care of by my mom, my family, and my cute friends.
you look like such a happy camper
ReplyDeleteSo glad to see you mentioned the good care of your Mom! Love you Kenz!!
ReplyDeleteNo fun!!! Poor you!
ReplyDelete