Monday, May 28, 2012

world travels

Europe round one was AMAZING.
Seriously I loved it there.
We flew into Amsterdam. We only had about six hours there, and we were so tired the whole time, but taking pictures on this was worth the trip we decided.

We also saw Anne Frank’s house where she hid. It was bigger then I pictured it to be, although it would be small if one was forced to hide in there.
We got to Rome and we saw all the sights there. It amazed me to know how old everything I was seeing is. My favorite thing was riding bikes on the Appian way. 
It was nice to get away from all of the people. 
After a few days in Rome, We hopped on a train to Vicenza, where Holly’s aunt lives. Vicenza is in between Venice and Verona. 
The next morning, We hopped in fifi, 
the stupid lovely little fiat and headed to Austria. 
We stopped in Slovenia along the way. It was worth the stop. We saw a bunch of college aged boys playing basketball, they were beautiful I might add.
We made it to Salzburg and took a SOUND OF MUSIC TOUR. (#49 on my bucket list check.)
The tour was literally a dream come true. Holly and I set the precedent for our group. We would take ridiculous pictures like these:




and then the rest of the group would too.
Our tour guide asked if he could call me Gretel. I said sure. He called me that the whole time. Some of the other great things he told me were, “Marry a Nazi Postboy and it’s all yours.” and “I wish you a rich husband.” He was weird. 

This vid is too priceless not to share. haha major nerd alert.
On our way out of Salzburg we stopped over in Germany (#7 check) It was snowing. 
After Austria, we headed to Cinque Terre. This place was unreal. I loved it. 
There were these people swimming, and Holly and I really wanted to go. The only problem is we forgot our suits. We saw this other lady get in with her undies on, so we thought YOLO right? so we stripped down and got in. 
The Norwegian people were egging us on. It was something I will never forget. Totally worth it, I might add.


Venice was super rainy (literally the rainiest day of the year in Italy) We still had a good time though. 

Verona was a great experience. I loved seeing Juliet's house!


I also loved seeing the military base in Vicenza. I have never felt so humbled to see so many brave men and women serving our country. It was kinda intimidating to be around so many soldiers in uniform.

#4 check, #15 check.

3 comments:

  1. OH! Looks so great! Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. K, I want more deets!! I'm leaving for France really soon!!!! Is Europe just incredile??

    ReplyDelete