Working at the MTC has been absolutely wonderful. I really do love my job. One of my favorite parts, is seeing where all the missionaries are going. Many are under that assumption that to work at the MTC you must have served a mission. I am living proof, that rumor is false. I get asked almost daily where I served. When I say that I didn't, missionaries always respond with an awkward, “oh that’s okay...”
One day, I decided that I was going to say I served wherever the current elder, or sister was going. Good move right? There was this group of elders headed to the Alpine, Germany mission, which includes Germany, Switzerland, and Austria. I have been to a few cities in that mission, so I felt confident in my pretending.
As luck would have it, the Elders asked me where I served. I replied, and said, “I actually served in the Alpine, Germany mission!” They went crazy. I went on and on telling them about some of the cool cities they might serve in. They totally bought it.
The plan went so well, though I realized it wouldn’t go so well if anyone ever started talking to me in their language.
Today, I was working as usual when some Sisters approached my coworker Mary. They said, “Oh we heard one of you guys went to Germany...” She looks at me... I went into a panic. I just knew I had been caught in my lie. I was going to look like a total idiot. Luckily there is a boy who works after us, that really did go to Germany, and luckily he was the one they were asking for.
I think that will be the end of my lying about serving a mission.
I must not tell lies...
I must not tell lies...
I must not tell lies...
Hahahahahaha that is hilarious Kenz!!!!
ReplyDeleteThat made me laugh pretty hard! I MISS YOU!!
ReplyDeleteBahahaha that's fantastic!
ReplyDeletehahahahaha YES! THEY ALWAYS REPLY "oh that's okay..." I love that it happens to you too. It kills me every time. It's like "thank you Elder/sister for the approval of my not serving a mission...I needed that."
ReplyDelete