Sunday, January 19, 2014

Battle for Atlantis.

Over Thanksgiving break my cousins and I went on a vacation to the Bahamas. We stayed at the Atlantis hotel, and it was a blast! While we were there, there was a college basketball tournament called the Battle for Atlantis happening. Kansas, Villanova, UTEP, Tennessee, Wake Forrest, Iowa, Xavier, and USC were all playing in the tournament. We had so much fun watching the games! We also were staying in the same tower of the hotel that all the players were, so we saw these guys all the time. The elevator rides we shared with them almost deserve a whole separate post. Our family teased us that we were also in our own battle for Atlantis trying to win the hearts of the players. 

 One night Laura, Lexi and I were walking in the hotel and we ran into some players from USC and they started to talk to us. We became friends for the rest of our trip, and we knew that they were playing Utah in January. We teased PeShon about leaving us tickets for the game on the trip. January 15 rolls around when we get a message from PeShon asking for all the names and numbers so he could put us on the list. hahaha. We were stoked. 

Game time comes, we get our tickets from will call, and walk in. The man said Portal 11 you're on the floor. UH WHAT?!.We get to the floor, and the usher says you go around the corner and your seats are right behind the bench... HE WASN'T KIDDING.


we might as well have been sitting on their bench. We were dying.We looked like the biggest creeps ever. 


about ten minutes into the first half laura leaned to me and said "dude we're probably on t.v. every time the ball comes down here."
we got the following snap chats. 


hahah as if being so close and on tv wasn't ridiculous enough the night got even better.

There were some Utah fans right above us. I knew who one of them was seeing as we went to the same jr. high and high school together. We even had a class together, but he is two years older then me. I am 99% sure that he had no idea who I was haha well at least I hope. 

Anyways these fans were yelling at PeShon the WHOLE GAME. It was the most annoying thing...but funny at the same time. They wrote on a whiteboard "PESHON HANGS WITH BIEBER." Lex tried to creep a pic but got caught. That's when the funniest part of the night happened.

USC was losing pretty bad, and the fans started yelling things like 

"Hey PESHON you might have lost but good job on the lady friends." 
"Your girlfriend is hot! does she have a sister?" 
"How many girls do you have? let's just get that out on the table?"
"Hey ladies, let's go get drinks after."
 and many other things I don't want to write.
We could not stop laughing. 
I think it's safe to say that we were the true winners of the Battle For Atlantis. 

No comments:

Post a Comment