Sunday, February 16, 2014

having a coke with you


My Dad is in charge of the Western Hunting and Conservation Expo in Salt Lake every year. This year I was his personal assistant. I went to the expo with my mom and brother to look around on Thursday before it got super busy. We ran into my Dad’s friend Marc. I had talked to Marc about potentially working for one of his companies, and we have sent my resume to some of his managers. Marc said “hold on, I have a manager I want you to meet.” So we stayed. This man named Greg and his son Trevor showed up. Greg is not a manager for Marc’s business. My Mom also knows Greg, and his other son is serving in the same mission as one of my brother’s best friends,so they got talking about that. Marc immediately says to Trevor, “Why don’t you go buy her a coke right now! Go have a coke together!” we both just kind of stood there embarrassed and unsure of what to do. The group kept talking and Marc pulled Trevor off to the side and told him to go buy me a drink, and if it doesn’t work out he has nothing to lose. I could hear every word hahaha it was so weird. So we went and we got a drink. The whole time Trevor seemed familiar to me but I just couldn’t place it. We were talking and we walked back to the booth where our parents were, and my Mom asked Trevor where he worked. When he responded it immediately clicked how I knew him. We had matched and talked on TINDER. I redownloaded the app as I walked out of the convention center, and I was just dying. I wondered if he knew or remembered and thought I was some jerk or something. I found him and messaged him and told him it was nice to have a coke with him. We both have a good story to tell. stay tuned xoxo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment