Sometimes people do things that restore my faith in humanity.
The other day I was with Laura, and Lexi at City Creek.
We were waiting outside Fanzz to meet Jeremy Evans and Gordon Hayward.The event went till eight, and we were in this forever long line. A couple people behind us, was this Dad who had a couple down syndrome kids with him. These kids were all decked out in their jazz gear.The line wasn’t promising. It wasn’t moving, and time kept ticking on.It broke my heart to think these kids weren’t gonna get to meet these players.Then these girls came walking out of Fanzz. These girls were for sure harder looking. I hate to say that, but it’s true. They kinda just looked a little bit mad at the world. Then the girls did something that surprised me. They stopped and talked to the Dad of the down syndrome kids. I didn’t hear the whole conversation, but those girls gave all the autographed posters to these kids. The Dad just kept saying “are you sure?!!” The kids walked away so happy. I literally got teary eyed watching. This was a great reminder to me of making sure I don’t judge others based on their appearance so quickly. There really are a lot of good people out there in the world. Those girls will never know that what they did for those kids impacted me too.
No comments:
Post a Comment