Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Jerusalem

My whole experience here has just been crazy! Seriously, we haven't stopped since I have been here. School is going to keep me very busy. It's so hard to want to study when I can see the Old City right out my window. We have church on Saturdays here. I went to choir practice, because later we get to do Christmas stuff, so I decided to join. It was really cool. Church was good. Sunday night we went to Orson Hyde Park. On our way home, we met some local kids, and talked with them for a while. They were way sweet.  Sunday was our free day. We got up early, and went to the Temple Mount. The Dome of the Rock is absolutely breath taking.  I hope I get to spend lots more time there.
We met some of the shopkeepers and visited with them. We ate falafel, and did other random stuff. Then I came back,  studied, and then just hung out with some of the kids in the center. I am constantly amazed as I learn about the people around me. I am with so many talented people. 
Yesterday was our first field trip. We went to a bunch of different places around Jerusalem.
Last night we had a total of 16 member of our sunset club. It was sweet. It's my goal to have all of us doing it by the end of the semester.
Today we had old testament. Everyone was freaking out about it cause the quiz was so hard last time. I will have you all know that I got a 5/5 today. sweet huh?
Here are some photos.
Orson Hyde Garden
 
Temple Mount
Falafel
overlook of the city on the fieldtrip
  
My Roommate Rachel and I on our field trip.
 
 
Reading Luke 2 while over looking Bethlehem.
 
Some of us up on the lawn

Peace from the Middle East.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I have to admit I am stalking your blog!! Great pictures and post, I'm LOVING it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so proud of you for getting that sunset club going! the best way to get to know people :) love you and love seeing your pictures!

    ReplyDelete