Thursday, November 1, 2012

Jordan

Jordan was SO much fun. I was pleasantly surprised by how much fun I had. 
We first stopped at Mt. Nebo, but I wasn't in a picture taking mood. You see, it was really hot, and flies were every where so that was just too much. Mt. Nebo is where "Moses was buried."


Then we went to Madaba and saw the worlds oldest map of the Holy Land

We were off to Machaerus next, where Herod Antipas was at, and John the Baptist was imprisoned/beheaded.
(Hollie and I)

We continued along the kings highway to Petra.

PETRA was by far the coolest. 
The place was just unreal. It kind of reminded me of Southern Utah, but way cooler.
We hiked up to the monastary, which was way bigger then the treasury (shown in Indiana Jones)
We climbed up inside it, and getting down, I ripped my pants. It wasn't just some baby rip, it was unbelievably bad. Luckily Rachel had a scarf that I was able to tie around my waist so it wasn't showing. It was so funny. It made a memory I will never forget. 



 The fool who ripped her pants

 just some meditation

 Treasury

 overlooking the monastery
 the Jabbok river where Jacob wrestled with an angel

 Jerash was way cool. I had really great seats in the theater



In the Jordan where Christ was baptized. 

Jordan was awesome! I really am livin the dream!

2 comments:

  1. That is so cool, Kenz! Maybe I'll have to transfer to BYU so I can do that. Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete