I can still remember the day in CE communications when Mrs. Gregg said, "Quit shoulding yourselves."
I have been thinking a lot abou that lately.
It's hard no to get caught up in what you think you should be doing. I feel like we have these expectations for our lives, and when those expectations aren't happening the way we think they should, we think something is wrong. It's so easy to think, alright,at this point in my life I should be.... {well traveled, graduated, advanced in your chosen career, dating someone, married, a mother, a missionary} I could go on forever. We need to stop comparing our lives with the lives of those around you, and with societies expectations of how it should be.
We need to realize that sometimes things don't happen as planned. It's okay to take life at your own pace. It might be different from your friends, and family but that's okay. Life isn't a race. It's just fine to go your own way. {ten points if you started singing right there}
So people, QUIT SHOULDING YOURSELVES. Stop saying should, and just do. Stop comparing your life to the life of someone else.
So people, QUIT SHOULDING YOURSELVES. Stop saying should, and just do. Stop comparing your life to the life of someone else.


In love with this blog post. :)
ReplyDelete