Remember the time when I said my life was extraordinarily ironic?
I wasn’t lying.
Lately the weird situations have been UNLEASHED.
Today, I went to the library to study like a good kid does.
I ran into one of my friends from high school.
We ended up sitting across the room from each other. We will call her Sarah*
I studied, well tried to at least.
There was this girl sitting across from me, and I knew I’d seen her somewhere before.
She looked like she was trying to figure out who I was...
Then we made awkward eye contact. There was no recovering from that.
Still having no idea who she was/ how I’d seen her before... I asked her if I knew her. No connections were established, then she said her name.
Immediately, I knew why she was familiar.
I had creeped her on facebook. (don’t pretend like you have never creeped.) She just so happened to be dating another kid from high school. I had also seen her around campus with him on several occasions.
The conversation ended, and I put my headphones in and tried to remain composed.
Next thing I know Sarah is right next to me. She whispers to me “That is Matthew’s* fiance” Then as fate would have it Matthew walks in.
Sarah and I went to the hall where I finally could freak out.
Matthew had appeared to leave.
I came back in and resumed my studies.
Life was good.
Then Matthew comes and sits down right across from me.
Did I mention that he was in my home stake too?
She began to tell him what happened (thinking my headphones were in)
He looked at me.
I was literally about to burst out into laughter.
I focused. I couldn't make it look weirder by leaving right away
I pretended to study. avoiding all eye contact, though I knew he was trying to figure out who I was.
I promptly packed my stuff and exited that floor of the library.
Moral of the story.
Don’t creep.
That way you don’t accidentally recognize someone.
* names have been changed for the protection of all parties involved.

bahahah oh Kenz. I love your life.
ReplyDeleteglad you enjoy it :)
ReplyDelete