I am posting at the request of Ms. Alexandria Lewis.
Ever have a day that changed your life? literally?
Well in the past three months, I’ve had two.
One day, a few months ago, I was talking with my Mom in the kitchen.
I was telling her about some frustrations and confusion I was having.
She said to me,
“You have to remember boys have feelings too.”
I literally started laughing out loud. What a novel idea. Then, I started thinking about what my Mom said. I realized that in my head all boys are confident, suave, and know exactly what they are doing all the time. They never feel vulnerable, and never have any feelings of confusion or doubt ever.. I still wasn’t entirely convinced that boys do in fact, have feelings. I still don’t know if I have accepted the fact that boys have feelings, but I am coming around to the idea.
I was presented with some evidence to further my Mom’s argument the other day.
I was in line getting a bagel and some oj at the cougar eat.
Two boys were standing behind me talking. One said to the other, “ I have a problem, I can’t even walk from one building to the other with out seeing at least four beautiful girls... and I am to scared to talk to any of them.” the other replied, “ Yeah, I know exactly what you mean, I never know how to start conversations with girls.” I was laughing under my breath. Possibly,maybe, boys just might have feelings too.
I was in line getting a bagel and some oj at the cougar eat.
Two boys were standing behind me talking. One said to the other, “ I have a problem, I can’t even walk from one building to the other with out seeing at least four beautiful girls... and I am to scared to talk to any of them.” the other replied, “ Yeah, I know exactly what you mean, I never know how to start conversations with girls.” I was laughing under my breath. Possibly,maybe, boys just might have feelings too.
Day that changed my life #2 is an extremely long story i’ll probably post about that later. After this day, I became wayyy braver.
Day #2 forced me out of my comfort zone. I completely turned over a new leaf after this. I have taken many chances since then that I wouldn’t normally have taken. I am not saying to become completely crazy and make stupid decisions. I just have been pushing myself out of my comfort zone lately. Really, you don’t have as much to lose as you think you do. I’ve talked to people who I wouldn’t dare talk to before, I’ve tried foods I wouldn’t have tried before, I’ve totally expanded my horizons. There have been successes and failures.
Here’s my new motto :)
If you made it through this congratulations.



I love your new post! So true, live it up - NO Regrets!!
ReplyDeleteyour best blog post yet :)
ReplyDeleteI totally agree with that last quote. I've been trying that myself, lately.
ReplyDelete