Sunday, October 9, 2011

it would happen to me

         ^ BOB
|
Sometimes I feel as though my life is more ironic than normal people’s. 
Here is another true story.
Freshman year I went to go visit Miss. Maren at the University of Michigan. 
After a fantastic weekend, the day had arrived, and I had to go home. 
My cab came to pick me up. 
I can remember this vividly
My driver was a 66 year old man named Bob.
He asked me where I was from, 

When I said Utah, he asked if I was LDS, I answered yes.
Then Bob got on his soap box and preached to me about how he is conservative, and how welfare is ruining the “mid-west” ie. Detroit.
He also told me how becoming a cab driver has saved his marriage cause he doesn’t have to see his wife three days a week...
Right before we were at the airport Bob said, 
“ I hope you don’t mind me saying this, but you are a very attractive young lady.” 
“uh.. thanks” I replied.
I spent the rest of the ride being creeped out and slightly bitter that an old man told me that. 
Fast Forward 
Almost a year later,
I return to Michigan. 
Maren and I decide to go to a Cider Mill about 20 miles away.
We were going to bike, but we decided to take a cab instead because of circumstances.
We leave Mare’s apartment and we see our cab driver.
I IMMEDIATELY RECOGNIZE HIM.
It was Bob.
I was FREAKING OUT.
What are the odds that I would get the same cab driver... especially Bob.
Naturally, I text Maren and tell her that it’s the one and only Bob.
I told her she should ask him how he became a cab driver so we could be sure that it was in fact the same guy. 
She asked him, 
He told us the same story about saving his marriage that he told me a year ago.
I was trying so hard to contain my laughter. 
He also preached to us about welfare again.
It would happen to me. 
Seriously.


1 comment: